Adam Day, PhD
- Associate Professor of New Testament Language and Literature
- Department of Biblical and Exegetical Studies
Adam is originally from San Jose, CA. Prior to coming to Tyndale, he taught biblical studies for 5 years at the International Graduate School of Leadership in Manila, Philippines. His vision for ministry is to “equip the saints for the work of ministry” (Eph 4:11), and he has a passion to train pastors for the least and unreached areas of the world. Dr. Day desires to help students understand the story of the Bible so they can find their place in God’s redemptive mission to the world. His prayer is that students would grow in their knowledge of God’s Word and their love of Jesus Christ. Adam and his wife Anna have been missionaries with WorldVenture since 2014. They have 3 children: Luke, Caleb, and Kara. In his spare time, he spends time with his family, reads, watches movies, sports (American football and baseball), keeps up with current events, and enjoys reading, listening, or watching anything related to JRR Tolkien.
- B.A., Biblical and Theological Studies, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- M.Div., Pastoral Care and Counseling, Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, CA
- Th.M., Old Testament and Semitics, Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, CA
- Ph.D., New Testament, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
Areas of Academic Interest
- The New Testament’s use of the Old Testament; Biblical Theology; the Book of Isaiah; Gospel of John; Narrative analysis of the Gospels
Current Administrative Responsibilities
- Examination Board
Professional and Ministry Experience
- Professor of Biblical Studies, International Graduate School of Leadership, Manila, Philippines
- PhD Supervisor, Asia Graduate School of Theology, Manila, Philippines
- Adjunct Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
- Adjunct Professor, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- Member and Subscriber Coordinator, Evangelical Theological Society
- Small Group Leader, Sojourn Community Church, Louisville, KY
- Pulpit Supply and Small Group Leader, Grace Evangelical Free Church, La Mirada, CA
Academic Works, Presentations, and Theses Supervised
- Benziger, Brandon, and Adam W. Day, eds. What Can I Do with a Bible Degree? Traditional and Nontraditional Career Paths. Eugene, OR.: Resource Publications, forthcoming.
- Jesus, the Isaianic Servant: An Analysis of Quotations and Allusions in the Gospel of John. Piscataway, NJ: Gorgias Press, 2018.
- “My Kingdom is Not of this World: The Kingdom of God as Narrative Frame in the Gospel of John.” Bulletin for Biblical Research (forthcoming).
- “A Biblical Analysis of Critical Race Theory.” Southern Baptist Journal of Theology (forthcoming).
- “Bearing the Reproach of Christ: The Background of Psalm 68 (LXX) in Hebrews 13:9-16.” Presbyterion, 44 no. 1 (2018).
- “Eating Before the Lord: A Theology of Food according to Deuteronomy.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 57, no. 1 (2014): 85-97.
- ETS Annual Meeting, Fort Worth, TX. November 2021.
“My Kingdom is Not of This World: The Kingdom of God as Narrative Frame in the Gospel of John.”
- ETS Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. November 2015.
“The Isaianic Servant in the Gospel of John: Evidence from John 12:38 and 6:45.”
- ETS Midwest Regional Meeting, Moody Bible Institute, IL. March 2015.
“Jesus as the Isaianic Servant in the Gospel of John: An Analysis of John 12:38 and 6:45.”
- ETS Midwest Regional Meeting, Lincoln Christian University, IL. March 2013.
“Bearing the Reproach of Christ: The Background of Psalm 68 (LXX) in
- ETS Far-West Regional Meeting, The Master’s Seminary, CA, April 2007.
“Paul’s Use of Selected Old Testament Quotations in Romans 9 and 10”