Mr. Mark Garavaglia
- Instructor of Practical Ministries
- Department of Intercultural Studies and Practical Ministries
Mark resides in Badhoevedorp, the Netherlands (the home of Tyndale), with his wife Alicia, son Henry and daughter Michaela. Mark and Alicia’s shared desire is to build up the church of Jesus Christ through discipleship by having God’s word and Spirit transform individual lives, person to person and in community.
Mark’s main ministry focus has been through the teaching ministry of the local church. He led and taught various small groups, including men’s groups, mixed groups, Adult Bible Fellowships, and Adult Discovery Series. Topics have included books of the Bible, such as the gospel of Mark, Colossians and 1st Corinthians, topical studies such as the spiritual/human response to the September 11th bombing, church history, and bio-ethics.
Focusing on small group ministries has been a strong desire for Mark. He led a small group of people from various churches focusing on reading and discussion on classic Christian literature. The group reviewed and discussed the application of texts such as The Images of Jesus Through the Ages, (Pelikin), The Weight of Glory, (C.S. Lewis), The Biography of St. Francis of Assisi, (G.K. Chesterton), The Revenge of Conscience, (J. Budzeshki) and The Providence of God, (Helm). Mark has been involved in a church plant in the City of Chicago with several others in the Presbyterian Church of America.
- B.A., Economics and International Relations, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Master of Laws, Melbourne University, Melbourne, Australia
- M.Div., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois
Current Administrative Responsibilities
Professional and Ministry Experience
- Tutor, Melbourne University, Department of Accountancy and Commercial Law, Melbourne, Australia.
- Judicial Clerk, United States District Judge Peter Beer, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Associate, Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell (formerly Lord, Bissell and Brook), Chicago, Illinois
- General Counsel, Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation, Evanston, Illinois
- Adjunct Professor, Trinity College, Deerfield, Illinois
Academic Works and Presentations
- Master of Divinity: “Drones and Rumours of Drones: Developing Contours of Just War Analysis in the Age of Drones.”
- Master of Laws: “In Search of the Law in Transnational Commercial Disputes.”
- “The Value of the Post-Modern Child: Property, Personhood or Purgatory? University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Vol. 80, No. 1 (Fall 2002)
- “In Search of the Proper Law in Transnational Commercial Disputes,” New York Law School Journal of International and Comparative Law, Vol. 12, Nos. 1 & 2 (1991)
- “Shark Repellents, Golden Parachutes, Crown Jewels and Imagination: Defending Against Hostile Takeovers in Australia and the United States,” The Australian Business Law Review, Vol. 14, no. 5, (1986)